Tuesday 4 March 2008

Mothers day

Well, what can I say! I might have sold the house from around the kids feet and run away to be a river gypsy - but I'm still 'Mum'.
I have just had the nicest weekend!, still had to do all the normal boat type jobs like filling with water, emptying the loo, washing, hoovering and cleaning but my middle son and his friend came to see me and 'Hey Presto' I was a Mum again.
I know my kids were of a suitable age for me to leave them to it (23, 22 and 20) but I have got to say I have felt very guilty. I now have a very nice life, I work part time and the rest of the time I do as I please (including looking after the boat and Hubs). Leaving the kids behind was a big wrench. The normal way is, the kids leave home and come back to visit when hungry or dirty. We did it a little differently, a couple of the kids went of to UNI and the middle son literally had to find accommodation with friends because the house was sold around him. Then we moved away from the area.
Now the kids can come and visit, but returning 'home' for any amount of time is not an option. Not having a 'nest' for my chicks does leave me feeling a little wanting. Perhaps this feeling is only natural and will pass when the warm weather comes and I can have a few more 'bottle of red wine to myself moments'.
But the weekend was a success and we even took a trip to the pub Five Miles from Anywhere on the Sunday and had a nice meal. It was a little windy and we got stuck against the bank for awhile, but thats what its all about - a little bit of adventure!, its good for the soul.

No comments: