Thursday 29 November 2007

We live on a nb - official!!!! - 29/11/07

Well - we are no-longer homeowners, the keys have been handed back and completion of sale is final. But we are boat owners and what a feeling!!!!!!!.
I have always dreamed of waking up in the morning and looking across the countryside, feeding the ducks the scraps of my breakfast toast, long walks with the dogs through places I have never been. Its not quite happening at the moment as we both have to journey an hour to work and back every day, so we leave in the dark and get back in the dark, but the weekends coming up and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.
Today - I am going to cook a complete meal in the range, it might not sound a challenge to some, but it is to me. Especially when I tried to boil an egg for breakfast and realised that that life of things being an instant at a flick of a switch is just not happening anymore. I must admit we have not really been eating properly, mainly due to the upheaval of moving etc, but now things a calming down - we are (or should I say me) going to make more of an effort.
We still have some of our stuff in storage and I know I will feel more settled when we have more of our things around us, so that is our challenge this weekend. Plus spend some quality time.

No comments: